just a quick jb question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leftyno9, Jul 29, 2011.

1. leftyno9 macrumors regular

got an iphone 4 jb on 4.2.1 I was a bit late on updating and jail breaking 4.3.3 but its got to the point now where a couple of apps ive tried to download are asking for atleast firmware 4.3.3.

obviously itunes is now asking me to update to 4.3.5 which i dont want to do as its a tethered jb.

question is, is can i just download 4.3.3 and in itunes press shift+update and direct it manually to 4.3.3 and jb with redsnow without any problems?

Thanks

Lefty

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You would need the SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3 to upgrade.

Hook the iPhone up to TinyUmbrella, click save shsh, and see if the iPhone has any SHSH saved.

3. leftyno9 thread starter macrumors regular

tinyumbrella server is down at the moment. its saying i need to change some settings in cydia anyway under the advance tab. Where do i find the advance tab:confused:

4. leftyno9 thread starter macrumors regular

at the top of the cydia home screen it says SHSH: iOS 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.3, 4.3.5 does that mean im ok to go through with what i suggested in my original post?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yep. To upgrade click on Run TSS Server in TinyUmbrella, open iTunes, then restore with a iPhone3,1_4.3.3 ipsw

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

This will not work unless the SHSH files are on his pc.

He has two choices (1) Get the shsh on the pc using tiny umbrella and then
    use TSS server as you describe. (2) Change the host file and use the SHSH on cydia. All he needs to do to change Host file is open TU and not start tss server.