Just a quick macbook question..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Muncle, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Muncle macrumors member

I was looking around and I couldnt find this, so...

I'm pretty sure the macbook pros can have a replaceable hard drive, but can the macbooks do these as well?:confused:

if so, what is a good hard drive to get?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

Yep, the Macbooks have both replaceable hard drives and memory.

I've got a 60GB in mine, and I find it cramped as hell.

I'd recommend something bigger, if your budget allows for it.

4. polevault139 macrumors 6502

The MB has a removable hard drive. And unlike theMBP changing it will not void your warranty. The HDD is located right next to the RAM in the battery compartment.

5. Muncle thread starter macrumors member

Oh okay..well thats good.

I ordered my macbook, and it had the 120gig hard drive...and i only had about 96gigs of usuable space.

so far, in the 2 weeks ive had my mac, i have around 74gigs left (damn you isight camera, photobooth, and imovie for being so addicting!) , and im thinking of getting a bigger hard drive in a little bit.

thanks to everyone for a speedy response!:)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're making a lot of video, as nice as it is to have everything internal, you may consider the alternative of a 500-750 gig USB2 / FW 3.5" external. It'll take you a lot farther than any internal drive will, and then you will be free from worrying about your movie-making habit. :)

Although, the other thing you can consider is that you can get an external case for the existing 120GB drive for ~$25US and then use *that* as an external, in addition to whatever you replace it with....

7. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

I like how the MacBook is very easy to upgrade, and how it does not ruin the warranty. I'm guessing if your really into the PhotoBooth and iMovie a bigger HD would be good.

Man, I wonder what is going to happen to me when I finally get my MacBook. Haha.