Just a quick one, I hope!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by daryliow, Jan 11, 2008.

1. daryliow macrumors regular

I just bought a 6th gen 80gb black classic ipod. I originally booted it up on a windows xp pc due to being at work and being too impatient to wait until i got home to my macbook. I know its bad!

But i've now put all my music on the macbook itunes and its the only comp i use for my new ipod now.

the problem i have is that the format for the Ipod is windows, but i want it to be mac. Can this be change? Will affect anything ie: Music, order of music.

Cheers for all your help guys.

2. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

the only thing you can't do right now is update firmware... so just use a friend's PC when you need to do that and you will be peachy. BTW, nothing is gonna happen to your music!

3. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

I want everything mac though. Surely that can be understood with how bad windows is. cheers

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

You could also choose restore while connected to the Mac. than update the software and than re-sync the music. it will be mac formated than. I have found it easier to be windows formated as I use a windows machine at work and most of my friends still have windows boxes. So if i want to hook up to those PCs to transfer files or such it is easier to be windows formated.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I second the restore suggestion...

As long as you have all of your music on your MacBook, do a restore from iTunes as suggested, and then let it resync.

Once the saync is done, you should be all set...