Just a quick question..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davie18, Dec 29, 2010.

1. davie18 macrumors regular

This isn't asking whether or not to buy a macbook pro now, but I was instead just wondering if I were to buy one and then they updated then within a month of me buying it could I get a refund for the one I bought and then buy the new one? Or does it mean you'd just be stuck with it?

Also, do you think there's much chance of them bringing the prices down slightly? Even if they do they'll probably end up being the same price they currently are in the UK because VAT goes up in a week which will increase the price of all macbooks by about £30-40 :(

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No. If you buy today and they update in 30 days you won't be able to return for a refund. There is a 14 day return time on those machines and a restock fee if it applies to your location. Specs, prices, colors, glossy or not ... no one knows in advance ... ever.

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

you can bring it back but theirs a 10% restocking fee.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You have a 14 day return policy I believe, but not a month

Stuck with it is pretty harsh... you would have what you bought :)

5. davie18 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I know maybe I put it wrong - I'd still be very happy with it but just kicking myself for not waiting a bit longer :)

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

who knows man, maybe htere wont be so much hype after all?
    lol wouldnt that suck for those who waited, if somehow they got stuck with C2D's hahaha

7. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

There probably wont be an update within the month. I think Jan is reserved for an ipad and iphone verizon announcement. Macbooks usually come in the spring.

But if you are that worried about having a machine that is recently updated, then just wait until they update. Then you will have a year with the latest and greatest technology.

8. samk8000 macrumors regular

samk8000

I just got mine and love it, buy it now, it will still be a good laptop

9. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

They never change that much from one version to the next. Also the first Macbook Pro with an Intel chip is still a viable machine today.

Best bet if you need a computer now get one. Otherwise wait till the one you have is dead. Personally I have only upgraded my macs through applecare replacements.