just a quick question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by absoluted22, Aug 21, 2015.

?

RMP 15 or iPhone+iPad

Poll closed Aug 26, 2015.
  1. RMP 15

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. iPhone+iPad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. absoluted22 macrumors newbie

so i have this option to get either macbook pro 15 retina with dgpu or an iphone and an ipad. now i have iphone 5 which is pretty old and i don't have an ipad(never really wanted one). and as a guy who recently smashed his laptop i'm thinking macbook would be a better buy. what do you think?

2. jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

New iPhone comes out in a month. Get the rMBP and sell it. Use that money to get the 13' rMBP and the rest for the new iPhone in September :):apple:

Or just get the 13 and wait for the new iPhone lol

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Since the iPhone 5 still has OS support and this is the MacBook Pro forum, I'd say go with the rMBP.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You dont state what you are going to use it for, so how could we advice you? Your poll is simply a "what do you like?" Question.

And you say you dont even want an iPad, so what is this thread really about? Did ipadpro create another account again?

5. absoluted22 thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't know ipadpro but well i'm gonna use macbook for some basic stuff like browsing maybe a bit photoshop and a bit of gaming. I never wanted an ipad because i just don't get the point of it it's just an iphone but with 2x screen. and idk i think iphone 6s + rmp 13 would be the best way to go

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Unless you're going to do light gaming as in basic or old games I wouldn't get a MacBook. They aren't really designed to run the latest games at least at a reasonable level. As for your question the iPhone 5 is hardly that old and as already mentioned is still supported by Apple with the latest iOS versions. The MacBook is certainly going to be more versatile then an iPad.

I use to have a Mac Mini and an iPad and use to use the iPad most of the time but as good as it is it doesn't replace a fully fledged computer so I bought a MacBook Pro. I still use the iPad in certain circumstances but my time is divided between it and the MacBook about 30% and 70% respectively. I wouldn't give up either but if I could only get one I would get a MacBook Pro. You could also consider the MacBook Air and the new MacBook also depending on your budget and needs.