Just a quick question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Brett1111, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Brett1111 macrumors newbie

I just recently downgraded to 1.1.1 and used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPod Touch. I just had a couple quick questions about some things-

1) Is it possible to "Hide" the fact your iPod is jailbreaked by moving all the "Extra" icons to a second page? For example, put like installer and maps on the second page so that on the first page it looks normal. If this is possible, how would I go about doing it?

2) When I try to install Apollo from the installer, it says cannot connect to host. Is there a way to fix that, or maybe download it from PC then trnasfer it to my iPod Touch?

Thanks in advance, I appriciate any help given.

2. ohio state fan macrumors member

1. not sure about maybe someone else can help you

2. you have to be connected to wifi to download packages from the installer

3. Brett1111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i've fixed the second problem, i just kept trying over and over again (Probably about 15-20 times) then it finally downloaded.

I'm still wondering about the first though, as i really want to figure out how to do that.

Also, when i try to goto the customize app, i see thespicychicken.com and the picture of the chicken, but then i'm returned back to the springboard. What is happening?

4. ohio state fan macrumors member

This is going to sound wierd. But foe customize just keep on trying to open it. If after about 15 tries and it doesn't work then reinstall it

5. Brett1111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm i tried about 20x, then uninstalled it and tried again a bunch of times. Then i tried using WinSCP to transfer it but it still didn't work.

6. ehsteve23 macrumors member

don't uninstall it, just use the one you downloaded from installer and keep trying, it took me about 15 minutes and probably 40+ tries, but eventually it will open and will keep working after that.

7. Brett1111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes!!!! I FINALLY got it open!! after about 10 minutes it opened, now it will open every time!!

But the thing is, whenever i goto installer and download image packs for customize (like the NFL image set) it doesn't show up anywhere in customize. HOw do you use these image themes?

8. bdsmyth macrumors regular

No you can't move your icons to the second space as the springboard does not allow blank icons (which is effectively what you're trying to do by having empty space between icons) all you can do is

A) organise your icons and/or change the summerboard setting so that you don't use the last line (less icons per page)
    OR
    B) invent a way to put a blank space between icons

Option A) is by far the easier :)

Cheers
    Barry