Just a quick question..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, Jun 27, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Hey guys.. I just have a quick question. I got my iphone a new months ago, so i never really had to update anything on it.. So my question is, when the app store comes out in july, how do you think the updating will go??

Will you have to first update your itunes to include the app store and then connect your phone? Will that automatically initiate the update?

I'm just curious because i know there are going to be a bunch of software updates with the release of the app store, and i want to make sure i get it right..

THANKS IN ADVANCE - and sorry for the stupid question

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Not a stupid question, especially if you are new to it all. I believe you have guessed right; I'd first launch iTunes and go through that update, then sync up the iPhone. I suspect the App store will work much like buying a song through iTunes, and will update your iPhone after purchasing any apps.

3. iStefmac macrumors regular

All you need to know is that there will be a single update for your phone through itunes. Connect your phone, check for update, clikc continue and shortly thereafter you'll have iPhone 2.0 with the app store right on the home screen.

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

nice.. sounds good to me!! I just am DYING to update and get these new apps. I keep waiting to see if they do some kind of soft opening of the store but that is wishful thinking..