Just a quickie question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dHk, Jun 17, 2012.

1. dHk macrumors member

In the tests here: http://www.barefeats.com/mbp12gx.html the macbook 2011 does better than the mid 2012 macbook in two out of three tests. Is this because it is on a larger resolution? Would the nvidia chip win if I only game on the native 15" resolution with no buff?

2. NewbieCanada, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

They're all running at the same resolution (Thunderbolt display 2560x1440).

But it's the top of the line old version versus the top of the line Retina (Retina wins) and two non-Retina versions with only 512 MB Video memory (vs 1 GB) and, in one case, only 4GB of RAM versus 16

3. dHk thread starter macrumors member

I know. you didnt answer my question.

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I pointed out that they were all running at the SAME resolution. The differences are because it was a faster CPU with 4 times the RAM and twice the video memory! Sheesh!

5. Razzz macrumors member

No its not because of the resolution because the 2 entry level models ARN'T even retina macbook pro's. They are the 15 variants with the disk drive - no retina screen present. The performance difference between the top 3 models his primarily due to the 512 mb video ram vs 1gb video ram on the ONLY retina macbook pro listed.

I wish they had put a 2.3 and 2.6 RETINA macbook pro in their to see the differences for closely.

does that answer your question?