just a thought about getting the bad retina screen swap

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xxcysxx, Oct 20, 2012.

1. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

just a thought folks,
    if for some reason apple decide to refuse to swap the screen because of dead pixels or image retention or any other screen issues, why cant you just get another retina machine and swap the screen and return the new system with the bad screen back to them for a refund?
    i mean ifixit got instructions on how to remove the screen and it doesn't look so hard.

or do they have some kind of special marking imprinted on the screen casing and main casing that make them uniquely identifiable together?

just a thought incase someone out there got unlucky with a screen and cant get it resolved with apple.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Parts are serialized. That said I guess Apple won't know, but that's going through a lot of trouble what isn't even a serious issue.

3. xxcysxx thread starter macrumors 6502

where on the screen assembly is a serial marking. there's only so many possible surfaces it could be, the back aluminum cover with the apple logo, the front glass cover where the lcd is, and the plastic cover that run along the bottom covering from one hinge to the other. i don't see anything that resemble a serial marking. perhaps inside the screen assembly, but i thought the screen assembly is undismantlable.

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

I don't know if all the parts are serialized, but I do agree with the other poster in that it would be a huge unnecessary hassle. If you can't get Apple to repair or replace the screen then you are either speaking to them wrong, or speaking to the wrong person (assuming you have a legitimate issue).