Just a thought: Could HAPTICS be what makes the iPad Mini feasible?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zauze, Jul 18, 2012.

1. zauze, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

zauze macrumors newbie

I know haptic feedback has been floated around before, and I know Apple wouldn't introduce something like that unless they really thought they could offer something more advanced than what has been seen in some Android phones...

But considering their fairly public stance about "needing sandpaper" to file your fingers down for smaller tablets, isn't good haptic feedback (being able to feel texture on the screen, including grooves between keys) exactly what would solve the finger-size problem and allow them to say that they've transcended that boundary, which in turn justifies the product's existence?

Not that I'm holding my breath, but it would at least make a lot of sense...

And then once it was introduced into the market via the iPad Mini, they could evaluate how people feel about it, perfect it, and maybe even add the option to a future full-size iPad (or even iPhone) release. Just as Siri started on one platform and is being strengthened and possibly broadened to inclue other devices...

Thoughts?

2. number84 macrumors 6502

Not likely especially if they want to keep the price down to compete against the other smaller tablets.