Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
OK, just thinking out loud here but, if you are using a GLASS TR or similar tempered glass screen protector and you drop your iPhone and the Glass TR cracks, how do you remove this without actually scratching the ever living sh**t out of your actual phone screen?

I would really be interested in hearing from people on this who have used these screens and have broken them and done the removal process and would like to know what their end result was with the actual iPhone screen.

Thank you \\\

Cam;)

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
you just pull it off.....nothing fancy to it.

OK, lets ask the obvious question here.... does pulling off a shattered glass screen protector "Scratch" the actual iPhone screen?

Have you done this with an actual broken and shattered Glass T screen protector with no ill effect on the actual iPhone screen?

If not, please do not offer opinions on my question as I want factual responses from real world scenarios of doing this.

Thanks for listening;)

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
If you're careful, it will come off no problem.

If you start pulling it off at angles yes, it will probably scratch.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
If you're careful, it will come off no problem.

If you start pulling it off at angles yes, it will probably scratch.

Have you actually done this on your phone with no ill effect on the actual screen from removing the broken Glass T Brian?

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
You can try heating it with a blow dryer to soften the adhesive, then sliding dental floss underneath to break the adhesion.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated!:)

More direct user experience with this scenario is still welcomed. So, by all means keep replying everybody.

Cam

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
The adhesive layer under the screen protector acts like the plastic layer in safety glass. The protector breaks, but you can usually get it off in one piece because the plastic behind it is still intact.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Just a Thought here: How to get a Cracked GLASS Tr Off without RUINING your s...

My GF recently shattered her body glass pure. I simply put packing tape over the front, then lifted it carefully to pull all the pieces off in 1 shot. I was more worried about getting glass shards everywhere then scratching the screen. Besides, it would take a lot more then a piece of glass screen protector to even scuff an iPhone screen. It's a lot more durable then you're making it out to be ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.