Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEugene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
AZ
Ever since I got my Mac just over a year ago, I've noticed that the two things that I use to interact with it the most (mouse and keyboard) at times seem to occupy my thoughts when nothing else is, then I thought of this, which some (or most) of you may have thought of before.

Most (not all) Apple folks I speak with say that, as far as Apple mice have been, they like the physical look of the Apple Pro Mouse more than the current day Mighty Mouse, but at the same time are loving the Mighty Mouse vast advantage compared to the Pro mouse. Which made me dream up the image of the two of them being merged together. Needless to say, the odds of Apple doing this is none to..well, none. Doesn't seem like they'd go back to the older design mixing it with something newer (though, they did this with the iPod Nano 2G).

It'd be pretty neat to see some concept art of this, but I doubt there is any out there, honestly I'm not even sure it's possible to merge together the Mighty Mouse's multiple functionality with the clear/crystal look of the Pro Mouse.

If you get the image in your head, I just wanted some opinions of whether or not that would be an intresting idea or a total flop. Just a thought.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
With all the gubbins inside a MM I think a clear casing will look a bit naff to be honest. It'll be like the explosion of clear coloured 3rd party stuff that came out around the time of the G3 iMacs.
As Apple have turned away from clear casings it wouldn't fit in with the other products.

iEugene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
AZ
With all the gubbins inside a MM I think a clear casing will look a bit naff to be honest. It'll be like the explosion of clear coloured 3rd party stuff that came out around the time of the G3 iMacs.
As Apple have turned away from clear casings it wouldn't fit in with the other products.

Yeah I know, Apple has shifted from clear to white, I thought the clear looked better personally, but either way I thought that it would have been neat to see a merge.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
IMO there is nothing wrong with white mice.
Why get concerned about the colour or lack of it ... mice are for using, not something to sit and stare at :)

FJ

roker

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2007
New Zealand
I think it would be really cool to see some colour back in computers- like the old iMacs- although white is simplistically cool :cool: , & perhaps colour can be a little tacky, I still love the coloured ones & find apple is on the verge of being once again bland, I hope they bring out something fun, bright & cheerful soon, like a new mouse- :D

"mice are for using, not something to sit and stare at"

F.J- this is the attitude that brought us giant beige boxes, fantastic good looks (I believe) is just part of what makes :apple: so cool

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
"mice are for using, not something to sit and stare at"

F.J- this is the attitude that brought us giant beige boxes, fantastic good looks (I believe) is just part of what makes :apple: so cool
Absolutely no doubt, Mac's do have style ...... but ..... a beige box is something I could live with as long as the beige box is a Mac. :) :)

Of course I may have to hide it under the desk rather than have it proudly displayed on top LOL

FJ :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.