iPod just a thought

MacGabePro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
Greenville, NC
with the boost in satleitte radio popularity, and the introduction of the portable radios both XM and Sirius have, whats the likelihood of Apple creating an iPod with satelitte radio fuction?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
MacGabePro said:
with the boost in satleitte radio popularity, and the introduction of the portable radios both XM and Sirius have, whats the likelihood of Apple creating an iPod with satelitte radio fuction?
There was a rumor about this a long time ago...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=101398&highlight=satellite

...but it never materialized.

Shrug, how popular is Satellite Radio? I work at Sears, and we never have any customer interest in it...:confused:

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
This has been brought up many times before. I don't think it's going to happen because it's not apart of Apple's strategy i.e. iPod --> iTunes --> iTMS :)

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
MacGabePro said:
Not likely, satellite radio isn't all that popular. Plus it would mean increased component costs, and it's still crappy radio it just sounds better.

MacGabePro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
Greenville, NC
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
There was a rumor about this a long time ago...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=101398&highlight=satellite

...but it never materialized.

Shrug, how popular is Satellite Radio? I work at Sears, and we never have any customer interest in it...:confused:
i am long time howard stern fan, and sirius especially has blown up in the past few years, over 4 million subscribers, i think it would be great for both companies

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Radio is cr@p, no matter if it is sattelite or not. Hope Apple wont integrate radio in the iPod