Just a thread to complain about UPS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atacinus, Sep 21, 2014.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

This is really just to rant - anyone else who hates UPS feel free to join in. Basic idea is that I live in an apartment building - no doorman - every single other carrier (FedEx, USPS, DHL, etc.) will deliver to my building either without a signature or, if required, will respect a pre-signed letter taped to the door.

Not UPS. No, never UPS. So of course I didn't have high hopes for getting my iPhone on launch day despite pre-signing for it once I found out that Big Brown was going to be the carrier...

...And it came to pass. So I thought I would do the decent thing and ask for it to redeliver to a UPS store since I won't be home Monday or the rest of the week to sign for it either. For this privilege, I have to join UPS stupid "My Choice" program AND pay them $5 to redirect the package.

Did all of this - tracking then updated that the package would be delivered to the UPS store I chose yesterday end of day. I visited the store an hour before close despite not receiving a "delivered" confirmation, and nope...no package. Called the UPS number and it's still stuck in Secaucus of all god-awful places.

Now they're saying it will be delivered by end of day Monday - nonsense, I won't believe it until it's in my hand. And like I said, I paid $5 for this privilege!

So nothing against apple, and this is the height of #firstworldproblems - but seriously, UPS you are terrible. I have no idea why anyone uses you. I have never had problems with any other carrier, but with you I have problems EVERY SINGLE TIME.

DEATH TO BIG BROWN! Let's get out the pitchforks!

/rant

2. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

UPS delivered my phone on launch day, I'm actually typing on it as we speak

3. Mr. PoopyPants macrumors newbie

They were at my house at 9:30 AM on launch day with my phone. No complaints here.

I guess look at it from this perspective: would you rather run the risk that it get stolen or have it delivered three days later than expected?

4. bambooshots macrumors 65816

Ehhh...this seems to be an isolated incident. Each carrier has their moment.

From the way it sounds, quite a few phones were delivered no muss no fuss on Friday/Saturday.

5. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Having it delivered to a UPS retail store bumps the delivery date back 1 day. It should have said that on the last screen you see before confirming the change.

There have also been coupon codes for 6-12 months of free premium mychoice service as well which doesn't require the extra $5 charge to make those kind of changes.

6. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

Obviously YMMV and I'm sure the majority of people got their phone's on launch day, I'm just saying that out of all of the major carriers the only one that I ever have trouble with is UPS. I hate those guys ;-p

7. cbarnes3121 macrumors newbie

Even though ups delivered my iPhone correctly this is the first time in the past they have left my packages all over the place I stay in a apartment as well and they would leave my stuff anywhere they are horrible

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

UPS does a great job most of the time accept for holiday season when the full time UPS workers get lazy and make the helpers do all the work :cool: