Just Added 4 more Gig's. WOW!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlluna, Sep 29, 2011.

1. jlluna macrumors 6502

Hello everyone, I just upgraded my memory on my mid 2010 macbook pro i5 2.4 from 4 gigs to 8 gigs. Oh My God! What a diffrence! this machine is super fast now, I just turned on my vmware fusion, and it is super fast. I never imagined that adding 4 more gigs could give this computer some much speed.
    I was never able to run my windows seven on my fusion this fast.And now it is super fast! I could surf the web fast, can run itunes music on my mac and use my internet browser on my windows seven with no problems. I totally recomened upgrading your memory from 4 gigs to 8 gigs.;)

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I did the same on my 2011 MBP, I didn't even boot it up out of the box. I did the upgrade right away so I had nothing to compare it with, but I am very happy with the results.

3. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have been playing around some more with virtual the drive and updated the memory on windows 7, i could even run Deskscape on my virtual. Really happy with the results, I just got a notification to update to fusion 4. Might do it this weekend.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah, for running Win7 virtual extra RAM would make it way faster :)

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

I went from 2GB (late 08 pro) to 8GB, virtual machine went from exhausting to luxury, it cost me a great deal of money (had DDR3 8GB RAM for 2 years now) but I really needed it back then. I have to say, it was a great upgrade.

Lion really loves RAM and 4GB can be at times enough just for it, so I can see the importance of having 8GB for doing anything more such as virtual machining!

6. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going upgrade my memory on my 13 inch to.For under 50 bucks for 8gb of memory at micro center. Cant beat that. I wish my late 2010 air could take that much memory to.