Just an IDEA concerning the iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by g0odfr1end102, Aug 3, 2012.

1. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Good day, good evening to all.

As you all know, rumors on a 7 inch iPad are going wild: some like the idea, others not, but that's not my point. This presumed Apple product is only seen as being a sub-category of the iPad (iPad, iPad 2, the ''new'' ipad, and maybe the ''iPad Mini". I, however, do not think this is the direction Apple is heading for.

We have also had hints towards an Apple TV. What if these two rumors were closely linked? What if the ''iPad Mini'' was actually not an ''iPad'' but an ''iRemote'' or something. Think about it: Nintendo is already heading towards the Wii U, the new Wii that will be shipping with a tablet-looked remote control.

Apple could ship the TV with the iPad Mini, this would avoid a lot of problem... SIRI for example, would be a perfect addition to the Apple TV. However, shouting from one end to the living room to the other would be a little uncomfortable, if not noisy... iPad Mini could avoid it.

Feel free to express your thoughts, I am truly interested in your feedback: positive or negative.
    Long live Apple :apple:

ps: please excuse any spelling mistakes, I'm french :p

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

This has been speculated about before. It seems unlikely to me. Why make such a large remote? Instead of making such a single purpose device, why not just release an iOS app that works on iPod Touch, iPad Mini, iPad, iPhone, etc.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Yeah, this exactly. There's not any point in Apple making a big touchscreen remote when they can just make a smaller iPad, which will be able to run the Remote app anyway.

Interesting idea, but a mini iPad is far more likely than a touchscreen remote.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Apple is unlikely to produce an iPad with multiple physical buttons, and history shows us that a remote needs physical buttons, at least for channel navigation and volume.

5. docprego macrumors 65816

Unlikely at best. I'm sure Siri will be able to control the Apple TV, that's a great idea. But this will be accomplished by downloading the app to do so on your iPad/iPad Mini/iPhone.