Just another simple question I'm sure

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TinyDee, May 16, 2011.

1. TinyDee macrumors member

I just cannot get my IMac to do the things with envelopes my PC did. I have trouble getting the envelope up at all and then it does not seem to remember my return address and I usually have to delete something to write an address on it. Surely there is a way to get the envelope thing right. Or am I doomed...

2. simsaladimbamba

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Something about mailing? Please give more details

I hope you didn´t mean to send MacBook Air by envelope, like they did on the ad ..

4. rufhausen macrumors regular

Of course this post doesn't really belong in the iMac forum or anywhere under the Apple Hardware forum since it's not hardware/model specific (like a lot of posts here), and of course we have no idea if you are using some OS X native application or MS Word or whatever.
    However, I'll just throw this out there if you are in need of some simple envelope printing functionality that will remember your return address:
    http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/easyenvelopes/
    (It's an OS X widget and it's free).

5. TinyDee thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I just need to write a letter sometimes and liked the ease of the envelopes on my PC but have now downloaded the software mentioned. I just felt the PC was easier and better for me but the software, easy envelopes may solve it for me. I really felt this was a hardware issue or at minimum an Apple issue and posted because of that. I do appreciate those answers to help me.

6. mrfoof82 macrumors 6502a

What software were you using for envelopes before, and what is the problematic software now?

If you're using something like Microsoft Word, printing envelopes is as simple and straightforward as it is on Windows.

7. Sunday Ironfoot, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011

Sunday Ironfoot macrumors regular

To answer your question: Banana

8. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I agree, Banana. :confused:

9. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

10. TinyDee thread starter macrumors member

11. simsaladimbamba