just apple fanboys here - no real discussion can be made - sad

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by krestfallen, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krestfallen macrumors member

krestfallen

threads are getting closed directly. that's no freedom of speech.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

There's always a reason. On a day like this chances are it got closed because there were already 50 threads exactly like it.

If you have a specific issue, you should discuss it privately with a moderator.

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

this should have gone in site feedback

and what are you talking about?

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The mods quite rightly closed your rant. Stop using highly charged words which could imply you are trolling and perhaps more people will agree with your arguments.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Who claimed there was freedom of speech? It wasn't in the Terms of Service.

You're welcome to read and post responsibly. If you don't do that, your posts will be deleted and you'll possibly take a vacation from the forums.

There have been multiple threads and hundreds (thousands?) of posts today where people are not on topic and are just complaining with no end in sight.

I'm not sure why repeating the same thing in multiple threads is helping anyone. The best anyone can do is to contact Apple customer service.

MacRumors is not responsible for Apple's decisions nor is MacRumors responsible for yours.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Freedom of speech protects you from the gov and some harassment by others. This is a private site. They make the rules. Most of us follow them and are happy to do so. If you aren't, you can certainly complain, some may even agree with you. Mods are just people after all, we're not all going to agree with them all the time.

You also have the right not to participate, which you are free to do if you don't like the site or how it's run.

7. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

I would have closed your trolling post too had I had moderation duty. I'm no irrational fanboi, but opening up a thread just to rant is only for you. No one else cares to see such a post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.