Just because its Apple, it gets special treatment negatively from consumers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Jan 12, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I love how when I was using my MacBook Pro in a restaurant, someone decided to make a snark comment saying why don't I cover the Apple logo with a sticker.

I have responded, "Why don't you cover up the logos on your car with stickers?"

They said, "because thats the way it was designed, why would I cover it up"

I said, "How is that any different from me using my Mac? Apple designed it with the logo there didn't they?"

...The person walks away.

...By the way, the person was wearing a DC shirt, why not cover up that logo too? Why did he even bother to put a DC bumper sticker on his car? What just because it isn't Apple it is ok to freely advertise for other companies, but when its Apple, its considered a sign of the devil or something?

So I guess it is dumb to cover up the logos on your car, or your shirt, but it is encouraged when it is an Apple product? I have noticed that people say this all over these forums too.

2. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

I don't respond to people wearing DC shirts.

I've never heard anything useful come out of one of their mouths.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Amen to that...

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

All us Apple owners are sticker applying lefty hipster types. Did you miss the memo?

;)

5. wonderspark macrumors 68040

wonderspark

You did a great job of out-witting him.

You'll experience lameness many times in life. It should be water off a duck's back, mang. Letting it bother you is a waste of energy. If that guy knew it bothered you, he'd be amused and feel rewarded for his poor behavior.

6. nec207 macrumors 6502

It has to do with media and culture if you have a Mac you feminine and if you using windows you masculine and Linux you a computer geek or hacker.

So if you a guy and he came up to you he probably was getting into who propagada thing.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I hear the same stuff all the time OP. Its best to just ignore, people are stupid and the ones who judge others based on the computer they use are REALLY stupid and not worth your time.

I do find it funny how angry people get over Macs though, stupid people.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

SJ was a polarizing figure. Tim Cook comes across very professionally. With time the arrogant aura around Apple will dissipate.

9. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

10. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

I could use me some successful, visionary arrogance. You know, the kind that can take a company from near-death to the most valuable tech company on the planet in the span of little more than a decade.

11. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Kind of like how level-headed people find it funny how angry people get over Android and Windows.