Just because they deserve it (great customer service from Speck)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dastinger, Aug 17, 2013.

1. dastinger, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013

dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I own a Speck smartshell for my rMBP since some months ago and I love it. Some days ago, I noticed that the case had a small crack on the bottom, so I decided to email Speck about it.

I got a quick reply saying that, since I'm outside the US, we could do this by photo. They asked me to take a picture of the case next to a paper sheet with my name and date on it. I've done it and, quick enough, they replied saying that a new case was on the way.

Amazing how, in a week, I contacted them, got the reply, took care of things, and got the new case.

Excellent product and amazing customer service.

2. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

3. VanillaCracker macrumors 68020

VanillaCracker

I got the exact same service from case-mate with my phone's case sometime last year. It was a $30 case, but nice to see that they'll send people a brand new product just for calling and reporting a defect.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

That's great!! I am glad I got a Speck case for my rMBP! :apple:

5. kh3khalid macrumors regular

I had a similar problem where the battery status button was not fuctioning (it was not cut exactly on the button, so mostly when pressing it, it doesn't hit the button). I contacted them and they asked for photos with my name and today's date as I also don't live in the US.

In the end they told me to contact apple for a replacement since I bought it from apple's online store, although it's a design defect and it's not apple's falut. Apple's policy is clear about 3rd party products (they don't take resposibilty for them).

I decided that telling them that and going back and forth between apple and speck would be a waste of time, and I don't really use that bottun, but I was disappointed with the result that I got. It's a very good case overall and I'm happy with it though.

6. dastinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

dastinger

That was unlucky. I bought my case from Apple Online Store as well and they asked me for the receipt and did the exchange anyway.