just before I take the plunge.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Draythor, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Two main questions, sorry for asking I just want to check.

Is there a way to put installer, and any other apps that I want to put on, on a second page. Effectively making the first page look as though it has not been jail broken?

Second question
    by downgrading to 1.1.1 will I lose all my music that's currently on my iPod? Or will it stay on there?

Thanks
    ~Dray

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

To the first question I don't think you can. You will have to restore it to 1.1.1 so that means it will get rid of the music and everthing else on the iPod.

3. dagored macrumors 65816

No
    Yes NO

If you are in 1.1.2. Downgrading will wipe the Pod.

4. Draythor thread starter macrumors 6502

Draythor

Ok thanks
    I'd guessed that I would lose all my music... I wouldn't mind as much if it didn't take forever!

Are you sure about the first one? I sure you can move the apps about somehow? Anyone?

EDIT: perhaps I should make myself more clear.
    1st page of apps:
    usual iPod touch apps and blank apps spaces

Second page:
    installer and all other apps.

I realise i can't do this straight away after jail break but will customise allow me to do this?

~Dray

5. dagored macrumors 65816

That is not what you asked in your first post.

"Is there a way to put installer, and any other apps that I want to put on, on a second page. Effectively making the first page look as though it has not been jail broken?"

Other apps that fill up the first screen, will not make it look like it has not been jailbroken.

[​IMG]

This is a normal Touch screen. You would need at least 5 blank spaces on the front page to accomplish this. Summerboard will permit you to keep just 12 on the front, leaving a row blank. Seems kind of useless. Wouldn't this be better:

[​IMG]

I use the last row on the front for my utilities and the second screen has games and an SSH switch.

6. Draythor thread starter macrumors 6502

Draythor

Yeah my first post wasn't very clear. I want my first page to look like your average iTouch. I want those blank spaces. It may seem useless but thats what I want it to be like. I think that some of these jalbroken iPods look to cluttered. I want a page of normal apps and then a page of jailbroken apps. Is this possible with summerboard?

7. dagored macrumors 65816

Depends on how good you are at SSHing. Do a search, I read somewhere on here that someone else wanted one or two blank spaces - like 3 apps to a row, etc.

Seems like it would be a great deal of work for aesthetics, but I'm sure it could be accomplished. Good luck.

8. ehsteve23 macrumors member

you could install 5 small (memory-wise) apps, which you wouldnt plan to use, then create a summerboard theme with the icons for those apps being just a black square, use customize to order those 5 just after the regular iPod touch icons, use summerbaord to skip last row and hide icon names, and you should end up with the normal 7 icons, with no name (so it won't say "Safari", "Contacts" below etc.) and 2/3 little dots just above your dock to indicate another page.

it won't look exactly like a regular touch, but it's close...

EDIT: just tried it, it looks like this. at a glance, you probably wouldnt notice

Attached Files:

9. touchkid macrumors member

there is a way - kinda what you want.
    Go to installer, then under all pakages go to one called "dock". (click on "more info" to see what it does) then install customize, and hide all your 3rd party apps. your iTouch will look non-jailbroken untill you drag from the bottom right corner (this will let you select an app)

hope that made sense :) :)

10. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah that would be a good way of doing it, and if you didn't want to make a Summerboard theme you could use Customize to hide those 'useless' apps

11. Draythor thread starter macrumors 6502

Draythor

Yeah that worked. Thanks
    Unfortunately I just had to force it into recovery mode due to me breaking installer.
    It went into the continuous locking sequence...
    anywho, I'll find some way to pass the time while i await 1.1.2 to down load
    ho hum