Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Apple put a few reconditioned units up and i got one. Chose it over the 13" air. It offers so much more at the same reconditioned price. I had an 11 inch air a few months ago but returned it to bestbuy. I just felt it was too delicate and the screen too small for my eyes. I think the mbp should serve me well mainly for word processing, surfing, email, streaming movies etc. I also have an ipad2 that i use constantly when i'm not working on my 2010 mac mini. I find the ipad SO useful for so much i hope i really make use of the new mbp. There are two skins on amazon and i'm trying to decide which to protect the mbp. Any recs?

Jrv

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
Long Beach, California
Your title should reflect what your question is.

We honestly, straight up, DO NOT care. Like at all. I know you're excited and all, the only part of your post that is even remotely necessary is your last sentence, as it's a question that we can actually get involved in. Even then, it's COMPLETELY up to you. What, do you want us to tell you what your favorite color should be? Really?

Anyone sick of half of threads having completely open-ended, broad titles, and then are proceeded by pointless rambling and then a question that should have just been the title of the thread? I know I am.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence

We honestly, straight up, DO NOT care. Like at all. I know you're excited and all, the only part of your post that is even remotely necessary is your last sentence, as it's a question that we can actually get involved in. Even then, it's COMPLETELY up to you. What, do you want us to tell you what your favorite color should be? Really?

Anyone sick of half of threads having completely open-ended, broad titles, and then are proceeded by pointless rambling and then a question that should have just been the title of the thread? I know I am.

Jeez man, give the guy a break. If you don't care, don't post. Sure, descriptive thread titles are nice, but it's not that big of a deal.

There will always be new users, and there will always be repetitive threads and generic titles.

OP, I don't have much experience with skins (not a big fan), but I do have a Speck hard case that is pretty nice.

kettlecorn

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2011

Wow, you suck. Are you having a bad day or something?
You should change "we" to "I". Don't act like everyone on Macrumors supports this douchy attitude. Are you sick of it? Are you really?? Then don't read it. So... you clicked on the thread. Read it. Then clicked on reply and wrote out that paragraph that is doing exactly what you were hating on. Writing pointless garbage to counteract pointless threads. Really logical...

Original poster, congrats. You'll like your macbook. I had both the 2010 and 2011 macbook and can't get rid of it. As for skins, you might want to try Amazon. There are some clear skins that will protect your macbook or some cool textured carbon fiber skins. But theyre a bit messy to put in (the clear ones). Go on youtube and search for macbook pro 13 skin and you'll find a bunch of reviews and brands.

ThomasBoss

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Ignore Jrv, he is in a bad mood and wants to act like a brat nit picking every single little thing. If you don't like a thread, don't read/post...you are not getting paid to read them.

about the question, i don't really have a case/skin for my macbook pro..i bought one off of ebay, but it was horrible...I know spec makes nice cases, but they are a bit pricy.
if you give us the links to them we can give you our opinion.

RollingStar

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
Congrats man. I just got the same model as you yesterday, it's my first mac and I'm loving it so far! As far as cases go, I've ordered the Incase 'Frost White' hardshell, simply because it preserves the aluminium look of the MBP. It's a semi-translucent white case, and not a glossy one like the speck seethru case, which makes the computer look cheap imo.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I kind of like the ipearl mcover. It gets good reviews on amazon. Anyone have one? I also like the concept of being able to see the actual mbp case but with a hard cover. Any recommendations?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.