just bought 27" imac. Screen getting worse?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nickdelvecchio, Feb 17, 2010.

1. nickdelvecchio macrumors regular

nickdelvecchio

So I walked out of the Apple Store with a brand new 27" i5 iMac about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It worked wonderfully, no yellow screen, just some minor back-light bleed.

I don't know if I'm starting to see things from being paranoid reading these threads, or if it's really happening, but I'm starting to see a minor yellowish tint on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

Has everyone had the same problem of the yellow tint coming into play over time? or was it right out of the box??

2. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I think that I have read that this is possible, however I do not own one so can't comment directly.

However, I wouldn't be too worried either way, as it is a known fault and apple is fixing them all AND giving good will gestures to owners of affected machines

3. nickdelvecchio thread starter macrumors regular

nickdelvecchio

well, I hope so... I don't want to go through the hassle, but I don't want that yellow screen either... maybe I can get them to upgrade me to the i7. HA

4. Btom macrumors 6502a

Some people were reporting yellow tinge increasing with time, but then again, it was also just a subjective perception, not a reliable test.

Tom B.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

I think people are driving themselves so crazy they imagine it spreading. I've had a lot of screens with various tinges/casts, and they've NEVER changed from day one. That includes my i7 iMac.