Just bought 4G MIFI to use with iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davidlw, Jul 21, 2011.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Just bought a 4G MIFI to use with my iPad2 this thing is fast!

2. jacobson00 macrumors member

what data plan and which company...
    more details man. i am looking of one

3. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am with Verizon, 5 gigs for $50.00. It is expensive but worth it for me and my business. Since there will not be a 4G Apple anything for at least a year, this is the next best option. Plus I use it with my laptop and other iPad and Playbook. Verizon has a special going on today and you get the 4G MIFI for $100.00.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

50 a month?! :eek: As E.T. once said, "Ooooouuuuuch".

5. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

6. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

If I stream a NetFlix 90 min to 2 hour movie on my 4G LTE mifi, it uses about 50% of my battery. I carry a TekCharge 4400mAh lithium ion portable charger with me, and it basically lasts me the whole day of continous internet use. Since I connect my iPad 2 by wifi, it doesn't use much battery power on the iPad. Another good thing with using a mifi, is you can connect up to 5 devices. Sometimes my wife and I connect our iPhones at the same time to the mifi when AT&T 3G isn't working well, and enjoy 4G on our iPhones. The only down side is it's another device to carry with you. Not an issue for me since I have a bag to carry my iPad in anyway, and it has enough room for my mifi and portable charger.

7. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

Sprint OverDrive Pro Review

If you get good Sprint / WiMax coverage in your area, this is the way to go. Only $45 a month with unlimited 4G /3GB 3G

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I believe I may have to try that. Do you think it will go the way of the others and eventually cap their plans? I'm in Afghanistan right now with quite a ways to go, but if I could get an unlimited plan on a device like this instead of paying out the ass for Verizon like I was before I left, I would be willing to lock into a plan.

9. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

I don't think Sprint will head in that direction, at least not for awhile. Even if they do, usually they grandfather plans. This thing is awesome, much better than using the crappy ass free WiFi in Starbucks

10. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I agree. Another advantage with portable mifi's is that it can bypass 3G restrictions for those who don't want to jailbreak their device. Sometimes is nice to FaceTime on my iPad 2 anywhere I want... besides home or some crappy public wifi.;)