just bought a 11inch Air, ? about selling Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ame8199, Apr 17, 2016.

1. ame8199 macrumors 6502

Hello!
    I just bought a 11 inch Air. Im selling my Early 2011 MacBook Pro. Its been a while since Ive sold a computer. What all do I need to do to prepare?

I plan on wiping this one clean and restoring to factory settings.

I have Time Machine and Time Capsule. When setting up the Air, Im assuming it's going to have El Captain or Yosemite. My Pro has Maverick.

Will that affect the transfer of data? How do I take the data from Time Capsule and put it on my Air. Will it be a problem if Im coming from two different OS?

Any thing else I need to know or do?

2. kohlson macrumors 6502a

>>>Will that affect the transfer of data? How do I take the data from Time Capsule and put it on my Air. Will it be a problem if Im coming from two different OS?
    There are many schools of thought on migrating from old to new. I use Time Machine, and it works well for me, even when the source and target systems have different OS's. Others use Migration Assistant, and still others insist that re-installing the apps individually, and then moving over the data, results in a systems that is more reliable in the long run.

Note that when "restoring from Time Machine" you will restore from only one instance from a list of all instances. You'll probably want the most recent. You do this after booting into Restore, (hold the r key on reboot).