Just bought a 15 RMBP!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yabot, Sep 12, 2013.

1. yabot macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

so today i picked up a 15inch retina macbook pro, the base 2.4ghz one.

i got it off gumtree for £1100, i know, very low price (something fishy), not yet however, it seems to be running perfectly, havent noticed any lag, OR most importantly screen retention seeing as its a LG display, are all 2013 rmbp lg's? So far the display is amazing, i just really hope it doesnt diminish the more i use it!

planning on getting BF3 on it and GTA4, and final cut pro, for my thousands of unedited Gopro footage from snowboarding and diving

i sold my 2010 13inch for this, so so far its a massive improvement

2. Yell0w macrumors regular

Run an diagnostic test in order to be sure that everything is OK. Displays are made by 2 companies, some from LG and some from Samsung. People have better luck with the Samsung displays

3. yabot thread starter macrumors regular

how do i do that? it seems fine so far... seems a little laggy when scrolling over the dock however, not smooth if you know what i mean

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I would start off with a clean install of OS X and then run all 10.8.x updates to the system, maybe also do a PRAM and SMC reset.

If you want to know who manufactured the screen, run this command via Terminal;

Code:
    ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6
    If your display code begins with "LP," it's an LG display, if its "LSN" it's Samsung.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

He is talking about this.

6. yabot thread starter macrumors regular

the guy i bought it from wiped it, but i re wiped it when i got it and installed the updates. i think i read that the after 10.8.3 you didnt need to reset the smc?

7. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Good luck getting rid of that lag :(

Lol maybe Mavericks will fix