Just bought a 15in i7 online

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ericschmerick, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ericschmerick macrumors regular

ericschmerick

Now, the waiting begins. So in the meantime, I'll just post something as a catharsis.

I haven't bought a new mac since the original intel macbook pro (2.0 CD processor), so I'm hoping to see a performance improvement. And, I think half the backlight on my current screen is dead or dimmed somehow. Feeling excited to have a nice, speedy, up-to-date laptop again.

2. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

yay, congrats on the new mbp
    I remember when I ordered mine 2 years ago I could bearly sleep the night before it arrived....so excited :D

3. condo19 macrumors newbie

Mine is due to arive tommorow. I7 Hi rez anti glare refurb. First real mac. I have wanted once since seeing a origional Mac 512k in a Sharper Image many moons ago

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Congrats on the new Mac. You're gonna love it, I know I absolutely love mine. :D

Just be prepared to experience lower battery life compared to our i5 cousins by about an hour or so. That i7 uses a lot of power, especially when in load.

5. ericschmerick thread starter macrumors regular

ericschmerick

I wanted to order the hires screen so bad, but because I'm too impatient I went with the stock config to get it as fast as possible. I know I'm going to hate myself for that if I ever run into someone with the hires screen and it turns out I like it better! :)

6. ericschmerick thread starter macrumors regular

ericschmerick

I can't wait!!

I'm really hoping that with 4GB of ram it will be OK to run parallels/win7. With my original CD macbook, basically 2GB of ram it was not OK, because it seems like 1GB ram for mac os and 1gb of ram for parallels just wasn't enough. Performance was poor. Hopefully if I can give parallels 1.5gb and keep the rest for osx it'll be OK.

7. felixelgato macrumors member

felixelgato

It will be running ok, I had a MBP with 4 GB (Core 2 Duo) and Windows 7 run better than in new PC under Parallels 5. Congratulations

8. phenozine macrumors newbie

I ordered my MBP and it took like 12 days for me to get it. It was customized so i understand. I got a 15" i7, HR Glossy, 8gb and 500GB. I LOVE IT. Just cant wait for my games to hit the Mac scene. :D

9. promemorex macrumors newbie

I ordered my MBP last week on Monday and it got here on Friday. It took 3 days to process my order and 2 days to ship. It came all the way from CHINA in 2 days with regular shipping. I'm very surprised on how fast it got here.