Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
...and I'm impressed.

Some comments, though.

The guy I dealt with at the Apple Store had no idea about the product (I'd done my homework, so I did!). First, he told me that email accounts have to added manually (they don't; they can be added via iTunes when syncing). Then he told me I was far better off buying an iPhone because the SDK would only work with that and not the Touch - I asked him to check this, and he went to the nearest Mac and looked on the Apple website :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's in the past. I am amazed at just how good the Touch is, how much it will do, and how well it does it.

My only niggles are, lack of iCal To-do list syncing (how daft is that?) and lack of Notes syncing. I'm hoping that these are fixed when the new software comes in June. I'd also like to see a spam filter in Mail.

This is a stopgap for me. I really want a 32Gb iPhone that offering MMS and 3G. When that arrives (and I'm sure it will), I'll sell the Touch and my SE mobile phone, and buy an iPhone.

Phil

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hmmmm kinda disappointing the 'experts' were not expert enough in the knowledge on this machine !

Good to hear your pleased with your choice.

The only thing im not thrilled with is the lack of wifi hotspots in the uk.

I use the free one in witherspoons !

I looked at the i phone but was not prepared to be locked into an 18month contract with one choice of network = 02 ?
I know the contract bundles have improved and slightly improved on the monthly cost but its not brilliant. £269 for the device is reasonable.

I recently saw one in cex boxed and unlocked for £350.00 ?

http://www.cex.com

Its second hand but I wonder how it would perform and how much the cost would be to access the internet options. Probably be silly money.

You right to wait for the bugs to be ironed out from the 1st edition !

djjoja

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
congratz for gettin a 32GB iPod Touch...i got mine back in December, so got the 8GB one, even though 16 was out lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.