Just bought a 3Gs.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadrob30, Jul 28, 2009.

1. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Hey gang, just picked up a 3Gs from the Apple Store. It says to allow between 5-7 business days shipping...anyone have any experience with faster shipping times? (I tried buying local but all they had here were 32gb whites.) How will the activation go with a mail order phone? Presumably there will be a SIM card already installed, and all I will have to do is activate it via the computer/iTunes, am I correct? Thanks for any info.

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yes, I will come with a sim card. Just download the latest version of iTunes, www.apple.com/itunes/download then connect your new iphone and iTunes will walk you thorugh the activation process.

3. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I would load the latest version of iTunes now and while you are waiting for the iPhone to arrive you can load iTunes with all kinds of music/movies and apps you want to use on your new iPhone.

4. Cap41 macrumors 6502

thats funny, all i wanted was the 32G white. I could not find it anywhere. Settled on the 32G black..I guess it really does not make a difference with a case on it.

5. chadrob30 thread starter macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I'm already up to date on iTunes, and am a former iPhone and current iPod Touch owner, so I already have a collection of movies, apps, etc ready to go. :D

6. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I got mine in 2 days. When I ordered it, it gave me free priority shipping, and I'm not sure why. Yes, it comes with a SIM card already. And all you have to do is follow the instructions that will come with it, which tells you to connect it to iTunes.

7. chadrob30 thread starter macrumors 6502

chadrob30

OK, it's been 24 hours, and nothing on my order has changed...it still says "yet to be shipped". Does it normally take this long to get to the "shipped" stage? Do these come out of China or a warehouse somewhere in the States?

8. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I would imagine that it would come from California, because that's where Apple is based. If I were you, I'd call the postal service who is shipping it to you and see what the deal is. It shouldn't take this long, unless you did the worst possible shipping method

9. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    I ordered from the Apple online store last Wednesday the 22nd... they shipped it out late Tuesday and FedEx site says it will be here Tomorrow (Friday)!!

I'ts kind of interesting to see the tracking of the package.... shipped from SHENZHEN China :eek:.... and as of today 5:30pm est it's been sitting in Anchorage, AK since 5pm Wednesday....... and it's only 4000 miles away from my door!! LOL :D

10. iOrlando macrumors 68000

wow even the apple store didnt have in stock and the release was about a month ago. Crazy.