Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
and the wifi has issues connecting. The X doesn't show up when the icons jiggle and a few other issues. Should i return the phone or is it a software issue? I already tried a soft and hard reset. I am holding off restoring settings because it has stuff on it i need to offload before i can do that, and i don't hve the option to offload this moment.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
and the wifi has issues connecting. The X doesn't show up when the icons jiggle and a few other issues. Should i return the phone or is it a software issue? I already tried a soft and hard reset. I am holding off restoring settings because it has stuff on it i need to offload before i can do that, and i don't hve the option to offload this moment.

What wifi issues are you seeing?

Also, stock apps cannot be deleted. Apps you downloaded from the app store can and should have the x. Are you holding down on an app icon until they all start to jiggle? The stock apps won't have an x, the others will.

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
yes this is my 3rd iphone. I know the drill mate. The downloaded apps don't have x's when they jiggle. Have no clue how to delete the apps. I called appcare and they told me to do a hard reset, i did. Didn't fix it.

Also with wifi, it says its on wifi, but the rainbow thing doesn't show up, it still just says LTE or 4G. Only sometimes does the rainbow thing show up when it says that wifi is on.

Steeem

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
that's just bad lol throw it at them!

I would schedule an appointment but honestly this is ridiculous stuff like that should not happen

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
I have noticed the issue where I am connected to wifi yet it is using LTE. For me the only time I encountered this was on a free public wifi that required an authorization page, yet was never presented with that web page so I couldn't fully authorize and connect. Could this be the same issue you are having as well? Does that wifi require secondary authorization?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
yes this is my 3rd iphone. I know the drill mate. The downloaded apps don't have x's when they jiggle. Have no clue how to delete the apps. I called appcare and they told me to do a hard reset, i did. Didn't fix it.

Also with wifi, it says its on wifi, but the rainbow thing doesn't show up, it still just says LTE or 4G. Only sometimes does the rainbow thing show up when it says that wifi is on.
Something is clearly broken. But...

You can also delete apps from the settings-general-usage screen.

WIFI without 'rainbow' usually means connected to an accesspoint, but hasn't received proper DHCP info and no link to the internet, and still suing your cellular.

YoungHov718

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2012

Return your phone you have a dud

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Also just realised bluetooth doesn't work either. I can't connect to airdrop or my macbook pro. I bought it at target. Should i go to an apple store or back to target?

Oh and about the wifi issue... it to my home network, not a random free one.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
You can't airdrop between Mac and iPhone if that is what you are trying. This is a feature many think should be added hit for now it is just iphone to iPhone

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013

What router you have? Mostly who have issues with WiFi the main reason of the problem is problems with router. Had issues with TP-link router, changed router, problem fixed

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Something is clearly broken. But...

You can also delete apps from the settings-general-usage screen.

WIFI without 'rainbow' usually means connected to an accesspoint, but hasn't received proper DHCP info and no link to the internet, and still suing your cellular.

Ouch :D

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
it didn't work in three diffrent locations so not sure if its the router. I have an appointment with the geniuses today so we'll see. I'm going back to Australia tomorrow so this better be resolved before then, i'm leaving this phone for my grandma after i leave.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013

Not sure if this will help but did you check in restrictions if deleting apps was disabled ?

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
thanks for that, yeah i didn't know, BUT, it doesn't do iphone to iphone either.

Airdrop is only supported between the following devices:
Running iOS 7 or newer:
iPhone 5S
iPhone 5C
iPhone 5
iPad (4th generation)
iPad Mini
iPod Touch (5th generation)

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Also just realised bluetooth doesn't work either. I can't connect to airdrop or my macbook pro. I bought it at target. Should i go to an apple store or back to target?

The app deleting thing is almost certainly software. The wifi and Bluetooth could go either way.

You could try Target if you are within the return period. If they are more honorable than the carriers they will swap it. Apple is always good but you won't get a retail swap (ie full box for full box) as that requires that you buy from them. On the plus however, all 'sevice' parts will most certainly be new as the phones haven't been out long enough for any refurb/remanufactured action to have taken place. Any returned phones will likely still be in the early failure testing still. So why not back it up, make an appointment etc

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Not sure if this will help but did you check in restrictions if deleting apps was disabled ?

It was. :eek: I felt like such a dumbass but finally figured it out, i had done it earlier to prevent my grandma from accidentally deleting apps and forgot i had done it. Oooops :eek::eek::eek:

The wifi issue seems to have sorted itself out after i reset all the settings. Hope it stays working.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
It was. :eek: I felt like such a dumbass but finally figured it out, i had done it earlier to prevent my grandma from accidentally deleting apps and forgot i had done it. Oooops :eek::eek::eek:

The wifi issue seems to have sorted itself out after i reset all the settings. Hope it stays working.

Im glad you sorted it out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.