just bought a brand new 13 inch - but i have a problem!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DUNCVILLE, Mar 25, 2010.

1. DUNCVILLE macrumors member

i've got a new one and just plugged in my iphone 3g (not 3gs) and have been able to transfer all the purchases from my iphone. Problem is, i have no idea how to get the 892 photographs off of my iphone onto my new macbook pro - i expected there to be some sort of 'explorer' function, or for an icon to pop up on the 'desktop' for the iphone. And yes, i'm a mac virgin!

2. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Within iTunes, you can sync all your photos to iPhoto.

3. DUNCVILLE thread starter macrumors member

i just can't see how to do that :(

anyone wanna ichat me through it?

I'd be really grateful

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Plug in your iPhone and then open up iPhoto. You should able to import the photos from your phone into iPhoto. You could also use Image Capture.

5. DUNCVILLE thread starter macrumors member

i've tried that through iphoto. Not working. Should my iphone appear under the 'devices' list? because it doesn't.

it charges, and syncs music wiht itunes - but not photographs.

i've got nearly a thousand pics and it's driving me mad!

6. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

I think that only works if they were captured with the iPhone and not if they're
    albums synced from another computer.

If they are synced from another computer then you'll have to transfer them from that computer to the new one via a flashdrive or similar.

7. DUNCVILLE thread starter macrumors member

but that original computer is dead - does that mean i'll never be able to recover these thousand photos? i mean they're right there.

8. DUNCVILLE thread starter macrumors member

dear god - there's gotta be a way of me getting these images off.

surely i won't have to email every single one of them to myself.

9. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

I don't know what to say that others here haven't said already, but if you're still having problems then I would take both your macbook and iphone to your local Apple store and have a Genius walk you through it.
    :apple:

10. whitenoise macrumors regular

I still haven't got a mac. You may be able to guess why. :rolleyes:

My windows machine sees the iphone and opens the Scanner and Camera wizard whenever I connect it....select images to transfer and wait. (I haven't used itunes to sync photos yet).

Does a similar thing not happen with the mac? If not, at least using a friends windows machine, (if you will speak to a windows user :p ), to transfer them will stop you panicking while you work it out. :)

Maybe if these pro's would come out I could have come up with a more mac orientated answer. :p

11. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

try to restart disconnect the iphone, start up open only iphoto (leave itunes closed) then plug in the iphone. if that doesn't work go to apple cause you may have a bad usb port. Does the phone show up in itunes at all?

12. vant macrumors 65816

Are you using a third party cable? Some low quality cables do not work with syncing.