Just bought a iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDennis1994, Mar 3, 2016.

1. iDennis1994 macrumors member

iDennis1994

For 30 euro. New condition, they always used cases, and screenprotectors. Saw pictures, and there were zero scratches. It comes in tomorrow. :p

Now is the question; 'but why did you buy it? its 6 years old!'. Yes, it is, but in 3 months, i can get a new phone, and its probably going to be a iphone! And wth 30 euros, for a iphone 4.. i can't let that slip away. I always had android, ( and still using..) and its so slow. Laggy, etc. :( Obviously, i still got my Note 3, so that is always going to be my main phone. The iphone has ios 7.1.2 btw.

Reason i also bought it because i want to know if its nice to have a IOS phone. :) So i know im sure to buy a iphone in 3 months. :)

:)

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

All your reasons for buying it are legitimate.

I took an iPhone 3GS as a gift from my sister at Christmas 2011. It was the wrong carrier and I already had a primary phone at the time. But I knew I was getting the iPhone 5 in late 2012 so I wanted the 3GS so I could learn iOS and become comfortable with it.

For awhile I was carrying around two phones. But I learned a lot. And when I finally did get my iPhone 5 I was ready. My 3GS slipped down to a media device until a friend needed a phone.

I'm not a fan at all of the iPhone 4 series, but that's just my personal taste. The 4/4s were game changers and lots of people love them. So congratulations on your 4!

3. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors member

iDennis1994

I got in love with apple since i got my iPad 4. What a master piece! God-tier quality, fast, looking good. It doesn't lag a single bit. I love the IOS. I also got a macbook from 2011, my uncle gave it. Since then, im in love with apple, and hate my note 3. :)

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I didn't convert to Apple until about 2003. My PC crashed and left me with files I couldn't access.

But I'm more a PowerPC Mac fan than anything. I only own one Intel Mac. For devices, I've had the 6+ and now I have the 6s+. My iPhone 5 is my media device now and I use my iPad Air 2 as a moving map/GPS system in my car.

In general, I'm pretty much an Apple fan although there are certain things I don't care for with Apple and certain products I have no interest in.

5. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors member

iDennis1994

Nice :). Im not interested in the apple watch or what ever. I never wear watches btw. :p

6. Shanghaichica, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

Well for 30 euros it's worth a punt especially if you only intend to use it for a few months. My mum is still using her iPhone 4 that she got in 2010. She refuses to upgrade it, God knows why. It's like she would even have to pay. However it still works for her so I suppose you should get on ok with yours.

7. laudern macrumors 6502a

Running ios7, I wouldn't swap a cheese burger meal for that phone.

8. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

I have nothing really to add here except the OP seems like the nicest guy ever. Enjoy your iPhone 4, man!

9. JayJohnPaul macrumors regular

JayJohnPaul

I still use my iPhone 4 as my secondary phone which is still in pristine condition.

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

11. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

I almost spit out my hot chocolate on my rMBP (2015 13' 128GB SSD, for those interested).
    Thanks for the laugh:D

12. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors member

iDennis1994

I got my iphone 4 today. I really like the size. The typing is bit hard, but besides that, its a nice phone. Will be using it for 3 months, and then get the 6 plus, or maybe the 7 if its out?

The battery is at 85% already. Only downside of the phone. :p