Just bought a mac mini, must install office 08 DVD again?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by katyoshi, Oct 26, 2009.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I just got my new mac mini today and I have a MBP. Upon setup and startup, I restored the brand new mac mini with my external HD used previously for my MBP but hooked it up to the mac mini. It transferred all my stuff from my MBP to my Mac mini and I was wondering if I have to install the Mac office 2008 and iWork '09 (family pack) into the mac mini? I've experienced last time when I had a PC, I would get kicked off in the middle of doing word document stuff when I was using the same key code for my acer laptop and desktop.

Since my mac mini is restored with my MBP stuff, is it necessary at all to install any CD like the ones mentioned above?

2. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Well if they are family packs, I see no reason why you shouldn't install them. No, you will not be bugged saying that you need a product key.

4. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I was thinking the same. I just hope it won't automatically close the iWork program or office 2008 program while it's on simultaneously on my mbp and mac mini... :(

5. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

The program will not close.

6. Tonyrage macrumors newbie

You should just run you time machine from the MBP on the mac mini. you make an exact copy that way...