Just bought a macbook, acct problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brandonthequick, Dec 31, 2008.

1. brandonthequick macrumors newbie

I just bought a macbook from some guy on craigslist, its in great condition everything is perfect expect his .mac account is still on the computer, i cant update or do some other things without knowing his password, i tried to put the disc in to redo the computer but it says this computer cannot be installed or something. How can i put the information i want in the computer?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Put the disk in. Restart the computer holding down the 'c' key. There should be a window asking you about languages if you did it correctly. Proceed. In the bar at the top of the screen, select disk utility from the utilities menu, select the hard drive in the side bar and select erase. Go back to the main installer window and proceed with the installation.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

His dot Mac account has nothing to do with admin privileges. You need to get his admin password to make admin changes. Or, you can use the install disc to either reformat the HDD or change the password.

4. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Contact the seller. They should be able to help you out. If I was the seller, I would give you the password, let you do your thing, then change my password.

5. brandonthequick thread starter macrumors newbie

and that will make it back to new? if so, how do i get a .mac account or whatever

6. brandonthequick thread starter macrumors newbie

i have multiple times they wont respond

7. brandonthequick thread starter macrumors newbie

i click the english language then it says "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer" this software cannot be installed on this computer

8. brandonthequick thread starter macrumors newbie

i just erased the HD now i tried again and it says it again

9. finnschi macrumors 6502

I think you have the Wrong install disk! get the Retail version of leopard, you nare probably using a borrowed DvD from some guy with a macbook this aint going to work !

And also you can reset passwords on the mac using the isntall DvD ... its utilities ---> password resett or something!

Then just create a new User account and delete the old one

.mac is dead btw, and has nothing to do with that you can'T change stuff around! its called MobileMe now, and you can signup for a 60day trial at apple.com if you like
    :apple: