I bought my MacBook (13", white) about 3 months ago and it set me back quite a bit. But i really wanted one. I've tried every piece of machinery and OS until then but had never owned a Mac and when my last notebook PC broke down (after 2 years running it), i decided it was about time i got me a Mac. Now i've been using it for months and it's great, except for when apps just shut down suddenly on occasion (don't know why they do and it gets a bit annoying, but it's not frequent and i've dealt with worse on Windows and Linux). The thing is, it was an early 2009 MacBook, the one with the 120 GB HDD and i'm really feeling the need for more. I also thought i could probably toss in an upgrade to 4GB RAM while upgrading the HDD to 320GB. My first thought was to call up the reseller i bought this MB from and get their quotation. It kinda threw me for a loop when their rep told me that an upgrade would run me the equivalent of US$172 for 4GB RAM and $135 for 320GB HDD. Now, i'd just got the computer and that cost about $1,083 (tax separate). I know i could usually just get the HDD and RAM at a combined cost of under 100 dollars. Aside from that, i guess i'm also feeling irked by the fact that a new, higher specced MacBook (though only slightly) was released just a month after i bought mine, and i have tended towards higher specs (within reason of course). So now i don't know whether i should sell the one i have, and get the newer one with a bigger HDD, or trade it in and pay the balance for the newer one, or stick with it and upgrade the RAM and HDD by the authorised reseller (which is pricey), or just get a compatible RAM and HDD and put it in myself. The only thing with the last option is that the peeps i bought the MacBook from told me that i'd void the warranty if i changed the parts myself :-S and here, it's really necessary to hold on to what warranty benefit you can get, when you can get it with any new purchase. I'm just looking for some advice, feedback, perspective, experiences to help me make up my mind about my next step. Any considerations would be welcome. Btw, i'm living in Pakistan so converting everything from rupees, and to put finances into perspective, the MacBook i bought cost about three months' salaries.