Just bought a Macbook Pro 13" Retina and have a question!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macs4u, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Macs4u macrumors 6502

Hi,

Ive just bought a used Macbook Pro 13" Retina (Late 2013 11.1 - i5 2.4ghz/8GB Ram/256GB SSD) and am over the moon with it. Has warranty until March 2017, totally immaculate and only paid £650 for it! Ive put a fresh install of Yosemite on and its running perfectly. The battery only had 92 cycles on so its currently giving me between 8 and 10hrs battery life with mixed use, which i think is brilliant.

Im just wondering if El Capitan will give me more battery life? Im happy with what I'm getting now but may in the future upgrade to the 2015 Macbook pro 13" Retina as have read that it gives another 2hrs battery life over this model. My normal work day is bordering on the 8hr mark but will be going up to 10hrs approx in the near future.

Matt

2. AppleFan22 macrumors regular

It very well may, but will obviously depend on your usage of the MacBook. I would suggest you bring your charger with you though, just in case.

3. VesselA macrumors regular

There will be an update on the macbook pros soon, possibly in October with the iPhones or at the end of the year - they will have "sky lake" processors with thunderbolt 3 (which is usb c compatible) and HDMI 2 which will allow plugging into any 4K TV at smooth 60 hertz. Skylake processors are also said to boost graphic performance greatly and add a few hours onto battery life again. They will probably slightly redesign the macbook pro also making it more like the macbook in offering a space grey model I think.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The official intel numbers with skylake is an extra 1.5 hours and that will be an overestimation, I reckon it'll be about an hour all told when they are in computers. El capitan may help a little but I wouldn't expect much more than 20 minutes or so.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

I very much doubt other colours will be available in the MacBook Pros. Those will in all likely hood be exclusive to the MacBooks.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not so sure, apple seems to be moving towards providing different colors as an option and I wouldn't be surprised to see space gray or gold for the MBP.

7. snaky69, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

snaky69 macrumors 603

It could happen, I guess.

I'm starting to think El Capitan is Yosemite's Snow Leopard. I don't know if you've been around OS X long enough to get what I mean? From your account age, I think you might.

Lots of tweaks under the hood to make it faster and more efficient.

8. VesselA macrumors regular

the space grey macbook looks much cooler than the standard aluminium - so apple may just make space grey the new standard macbook pro colour

9. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

I just got this model too. Just wondering, does anyone use it to do photo editing? Do you guys carry a hard disk around to store all those huge raw files?

By the way, my set had less than 10 cycles on it when I got from the owner heh.

10. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I don't have the retina but the only way to store any files is (1) internal or (2) external. If you are professional photographers then you will have thousands of RAW files which means you will need to export it to external. Choose whatever suits your need.

11. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Apple have pretty much come out and said that is the case.