Just Bought A MacBook!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Exist2Inspire, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Exist2Inspire macrumors member

I am so completely, head-over-heels in love with it!!! I got the 2.16GHz white, with 1GB of RAM & 120GB HDD. Obviously getting used to all the new shortcuts and perks of OS X. My Dad was extremely impressed when he put in the password for the Wireless Network and it connected INSTANTLY.
    One quick question...I want to post a video on YouTube (Unboxing coming soon also), but the movie I recorded in iMovie is bigger than 100mb, which is over the limits...is there any software that can compress it? Preferably free!
    Also could someone point me in the direction of 'Must-Have Mac OS X Apps'? Thank you! :apple: + Me = :D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Congrats. :)

In iMovie '08, there is an export to youtube option. Just go to share>youtube.

5. Exist2Inspire thread starter macrumors member

I know I shouldn't really post this here, but all of my video is in the 'Events' pane, and I think in order to Share>YouTube, it needs to be in the projects pane. How do I move it?

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Upgrade the RAM to 2GB and you'll love it even more. For as low as $80 shipped from Newegg :D:apple:

7. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

Enjoy it! Just got one too....its a groovy machine! :)

PS ....don't change the name of your home folder or you'll be in for a little surprise :eek: