Just Bought A MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JonMcDonald, Feb 13, 2009.

1. JonMcDonald macrumors member

So I used to have a white MacBook a while ago. Long story short, I ended up having to sell it because of hard times. After building some savings, clearing debt, and living on a more strict financial plan I finally bought a new MacBook.

I've never been happier.

It's the BlackBook ( ;) ) with 2 GHz & 2 GB of Ram. The only thing that it doesn't match with the Alu (besides being alu) is the video card, which isn't a big deal to me because I don't do much at all with video. Might hurt a bit when trying to do some small gaming but oh well.

This thread is just a happy thread, I suppose :]. Once you go Mac, you just don't go back, and it's been hard without one :].

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Congratulations, both for getting your new MacBook and for working hard to clear your debt. It's not an easy thing to do and you should be proud of yourself.

3. Trix macrumors member

Trix

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations on your purchase - it's really a beautiful machine and may you long enjoy it.

Cheers and good luck

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Umm... doesn't the new/old macbook now have the same nvidia chip as the unibodies?

6. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

only the whitebook has similar specs to aluminum. The blackbook does not.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Sorry, that's what I meant by the new/old description. Guess I could have been a little more direct. Thanks.

8. DolemiteJackson macrumors member

Congratulations of taking care of business. Enjoy your new Macbook.

9. Mjmar macrumors 65816

10. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Sweet! Two of my passions; Enjoying a fine Macbook and seeing someone live within their means. Keep up the good work; discipline to spend less than you make. I love my black Macbook too.

11. JonMcDonald thread starter macrumors member

I'm just glad that I learned now instead of later on when I have more credit available at my fingertips.

Thanks for the nice words guys :]. I'm loving it, very excited to be using a macbook to take notes again in class haha. Hand writing is brutal when you're used to having a MacBook :p