Just bought a MBP..rebate offer for Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ballnluv23, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ballnluv23 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new Macbook pro via telesales about 2-3 weeks ago, and am now mad that I did b/c of the ipod touch rebate that Apple started today.

My question is, is there a way for me to get that rebate offer? Would I have to basically return my Macbook pro, and then rebuy it again to get the rebate? Any suggestions or help on this?

2. amoda macrumors 6502a

That would really be the only way to do it. Since you're out of the return period it would really depend on the manager. You would have to go to an Apple store and plead your case to the manager.

Since you'd be purchasing the same laptop, they wouldn't have to try and resell a used one, and since you'd be buying another product they might make it slide.

3. mchoi32 macrumors newbie

Apple's official policy on this is that any mac purchased before May 20th is still eligible for the free ipod touch or ipod nano and printer deal. But you must go to a retailer.

One thing that I am not clear is if you did buy it online, if you can still go to the retailer.

But for sure if you bought it in an authorized apple store, you will be able to receive the promotion. This isn't a case by a case situation, it is company policy for you to receive this deal.

If you look at it logically, if the computer was worth it before the promotion, you should be rewarded even more than someone who wouldn't buy a mac unless it had a promotion like this.

4. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

One problem with this: the iPod and computer must, without exception, be on the same reciept, or the rebate will automatically be denied. If he hasn't already bought the iPod, no dice on getting one now.

5. mikethemovie macrumors member

Who cares about the receipt.. Just sell it on Ebay and you still have cash..

6. pjgeer macrumors member

That is not quite correct. Apple authorized resellers are not held by Apple's return policies. They are held by the return policies posted within their location and/or on their reciept back/front. Did you mean corporate Apple retail locations?

Pj

7. mchoi32 macrumors newbie

Yes, this is correct but it is not a problem. They will do a store credit on the notebook and then put the notebook and ipod onto 1 transaction.

This was explained to me by apple customer care and authorized apple store manager.

This will not work if you have bought your computer from a place like Best Buy or online some place.

8. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I bought my MBP on 5/5/08 at apple.com, I don't suppose I can plead my case can I? Plus I just graduated from college, so I'm a student no more(yet). :(

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

10. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I bought mine on 18th May - is it possible for me to take it back to an Apple store and get them to include an iPod Touch?

I bought it in Tokyo, but I am now in Osaka, so I would have to go to a different Apple Store... there is an official one in Osaka.

If it's possible to get it, I would absolutely love to get the iPod touch.

Please let me know dudes!