Just bought a new iMac...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by KettyKrueger, Sep 29, 2007.

1. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

...and it's sexy.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

My old Intel iMac looks really old and dated now, how odd!

Was reluctant to upgrade at first, I wasn't too impressed with the glossy screen but as Jobs said, the colours look way more saturated now and pictures just look better.

I probably should have waited until Leopard was released but the anticipation would have killed me! Oh well.

Party on.

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I agree that the new iMacs make the old ones look dated. Have fun with your new iMac.:)

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

May I ask why you decided to upgrade so soon? Was there anything wrong with your previous Intel Mac? I'm asking because I recently sold my G5 desktop which I had for a few years and needed an Intel Mac so I bought the iMac which was a big upgrade, at least for me.
    Also how is it that you have a 1.5TB hard drive in your new iMac? The largest capacity is 1TB.

4. cah87 macrumors regular

5. cah87 macrumors regular

well actually since he has the 2ghz 20" iMac he can only have a 500gb hard drive. So maybe he means with an external drive

6. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

Congrats on the new Mac!!! This is my first Mac, I took up a carrier of Photography a while ago, and my Windows machine just wasn't up to par, a friend highly recommend I give Apple a try, and I'm definitely not regretting it.

I also like that I can still play games on this with BootCamp, All I did was gain by going with Apple.

The only thing I had to do was dump that Mighty Mouse, ugh.... I guess I'm so used to Logitech ergonomics, I went out and bought a MX Revolution, loving it as well.

7. KettyKrueger thread starter macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Well the superdrive is playing up on my old iMac so I didn't want to be without a computer whilst it was being repaired! Plus, as shallow as it sounds, I really hate not having the latest technology! I've got a buyer for it now so it's no big deal.

Yeah, I have 3 external drives, 2 x 500GB and 1 x 250GB and of course the internal 250GB.