Just bought a New Macbook. My first :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Markf11, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Markf11 macrumors member

Just bought it around 3:30 today of the Apple UK Education site.
    White thing of gleaming beauty

it says it'll be here on or before the 16th....is it me or does that seem to be a long time (10 days)
    Anyone hazard a guess as to when it'll actually get to me?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There are many cases of MBs that arrive before the estimated date, but that is not the norm. Its not too long to wait, and it may be because you customized your order...if you did...

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

thats not unreasonable at all...just be patient and sometimes they come faster than they predict

4. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

Groovy. Got mine coupla' months ago. Love it. You will too!

5. koshper macrumors member

Hi congrats on the purchase let us know what you think in full when it arrives.

Out of interest, which one did you go for and how much did it cost?

I have a sister in Uni and don't know if i should get her to buy it for me or just buy it myself.

6. Markf11 thread starter macrumors member

i got the white one, i opted for the bigger hard drive, so that might account for the wait
    The total with the new hard drive was £755. but thats with a bigger hard drive, it's little over £700 with the educational discount.So definatly get her to buy

Story is, i just sold my Acer 5920G gaming laptop and am using the money i got for that for a Macbook, i was used to the 160 gb hard drive (As it stores everything i've owned , ever), so tomorrow i'm sending off my laptop and will be laptopless , as i'm at uni and things....this'l be a kick to the balls (with a Maccy after taste)
    I got the mid range one, as i need the dvd burner and things

In a few days, i'll give a big update with my first impressions, pictures, comparisons and things (for windows users)