Just Bought a New MB Pro - Power Adapter Broke in 30 minutes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slam2k, Aug 13, 2007.

1. slam2k macrumors newbie

Just got a new MBP 2.4 Saturday night. After 30 minutes the power supply starting humming and then popped. Luckly I was still running on battery power. On Sunday's in Northern NJ the stores are closed so I couldn't get a new one. But this morning I called every Apple store in the NYC metro area, and not one has a new power adapter in stock. So I got to enjoy the MBP for an additional 2 hours. But waiting and searching for an adapter is painful. And yes I've tried every trick on the forums to get it running and called Applecare. :(

2. Toknee macrumors member

The Best Buy in Secaucus has the older bigger power supply.

I was in there last week, and saw 2 of them.

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

Have you called Apple about it? They could possibly have you a replacement in a few days, which, depending on how often the stores have their stock replenished, could be as fast or faster than you could get one from a store.

4. slam2k thread starter macrumors newbie

I did call the Applecare and they told me to go back to the store.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

im sure you explained to them that the stores were out of stock?

6. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Call AppleCare, don't let them off the phone until they send you one, it's ridiculous for them to send you to a store without even offering you the option of sending you one. I had an issue with mine and they shipped me a replacement out overnight. If they still don't send you one ask to talk to a manager.