Just Bought a New MB Pro - Power Adapter Broke in 30 minutes

slam2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Just got a new MBP 2.4 Saturday night. After 30 minutes the power supply starting humming and then popped. Luckly I was still running on battery power. On Sunday's in Northern NJ the stores are closed so I couldn't get a new one. But this morning I called every Apple store in the NYC metro area, and not one has a new power adapter in stock. So I got to enjoy the MBP for an additional 2 hours. But waiting and searching for an adapter is painful. And yes I've tried every trick on the forums to get it running and called Applecare. :(

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Have you called Apple about it? They could possibly have you a replacement in a few days, which, depending on how often the stores have their stock replenished, could be as fast or faster than you could get one from a store.

slam2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I did call the Applecare and they told me to go back to the store.

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Call AppleCare, don't let them off the phone until they send you one, it's ridiculous for them to send you to a store without even offering you the option of sending you one. I had an issue with mine and they shipped me a replacement out overnight. If they still don't send you one ask to talk to a manager.