Just bought a refurb iPhone 6s ... some tips to check its okay and sim swapping content!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rchip, Dec 8, 2016.

1. rchip macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I've bought my girlfriend a refurbished iPhone 6s from envirophone for my girlfriend (I'm in the UK). It is for Christmas.

Seems to be in good condition. I was going to download a battery check app so i could check the condition of the battery and take a few photos to check the camera is working ok. To do this it says I need to insert a Sim card to activate it.

It was sold as an unlocked iPhone. I've no idea if that means factory unlocked or not. Am I right in thinking I could just use my iphone 6 sim from my phone and pop it this iPhone 6s to activate and download the battery test app etc? Then when I'm done just pop it back out and it'll be okay to put my girlfriends sim in on christmas? I just don't want the phone to lock to my sim or network or anything!

Also, is there anything else i should do to check the condition of the phone? I have 14 days to return you see!

Thanks,

Rich

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes use your own sim card.

Envirophone sell you exactly what you pay for so your safe.

3. rchip thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, appreciate the reply. 93% capacity so i'll keep it for her. Thanks.