Just bought a refurbed MBP, thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arkados, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Arkados macrumors regular

I just purchased the refurbished version of the 15in top end retina macbook pro. I have the 13in model now, generation before the mid-year bump, and since I use it for graphic design I just felt crammed with the 13in screen and felt like the lack of storage and being constrained to the dual core i5 was making me rethink the future proofness of my purchase. My brother has a 15in and I love the real-estate, his is an earlier model though that still has optical drive and non retina so its super heavy. Thoughts on this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Enjoy your MBP!

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

If you think the older 15in is super heavy you need to hit the gym, badly.

Enjoy your new MBP.

4. Jizzles macrumors regular

I think it's funny when people complain about the weight of laptops...several years ago when there were no ultrabooks/mba/etc....were people not carrying laptops then?

5. Mac2k4 macrumors newbie

Young bloods these days. Try carrying your gun and ammo through the desert!

6. Arkados thread starter macrumors regular

Ha I'm not saying it is heavy in general just in comparison. Like going from a larger phone down to someones Iphone back in the day. Compared to my 13in MBP my brothers 15in with a mechanical hard drive and optical drive is sac of bricks.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Heavier but not much

It's a lot lighter than the cMBP 15, and I think you'll be fine, it's not as portable as the 13 of course but thats the trade off you make, the rMBP 15 is about the same as the old cMBP 13 should be fine.

8. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

And in 10 feet of snow too.