Just bought a sealed old gen 13" MBP.. keep it??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by troy14, Apr 13, 2010.

1. troy14 macrumors 6502a

As the title suggest I just bought the last gen 13" macbook pro brand new sealed in the box for $800.

I'm wondering if I should keep it or re-sell it and get the current macbook pro.. I figure I could get maybe my money back (800) or even 900-1000 on craigslist..

I don't hardcore game, nor really play any games. I use it to play music, and i have a 22" samsung LCD that I use as a primary monitor when i'm at home..

I was going to upgrade the HD (65$ for a wd blue 500gb 5400rpm after discounts) and the ram to 4gb (another 100$).. so in total it cost me about ~1k$ for 4gb ram and bigger HD.. which I would get on the new macbook pro anyways, for 1200$..

suggestions?

2. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

It's a great machine. Keep it. If you will lose sleep by not having the latest/greatest, return it.

How have you not already opened it though....!

3. troy14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's been tough.. :cool:

Bought it yesterday, was waiting to see what happened today. I figured if I kept it sealed i'd have a much easier time selling it if I needed to.

4. AJLSeattle macrumors newbie

Where did you get a sealed in the box MBP for $800? I have been looking for a deal like that. If you decide you want to sell it, I would be very interested.

5. troy14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eBay surprisingly..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-MacBook-P...iewItemQQptZApple_Laptops?hash=item4ceec646ae

I used the bing.com cashback for 8% and got $69.60 back. So I guess technically I paid $810. The bing cashback was instant, by the way. It's on the way to my bank account as we speak!