Just bought a shiny new rMBP through my work.. Any good cases or covers to get to protect it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cammykool, May 14, 2016.

1. cammykool macrumors regular

i just got a smoking deal on a Pro through where i work. the base model 13in 128gb compensated with a 128gb Jetdrive. i am looking for a case and kb cover. does anyone have any advice? thank you!

2. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I used to love speck, but lately I've had trouble with them cracking in a spider web like shatter, all without even hitting it against anything. I'd go with incase. Also, the speck bottom stays on by clipping on to the rear corners. Sometimes they will unclip, which can cause it to slip out of your hand if you pic it up with one hand. The incase bottom clips on to the rear vent pocket, all the way across. I also recommend the incase canvas coated sleeve.

3. marzfreerider macrumors member

I like and use the Tech21 Impact Snap Case, a little pricey but worth it if you move your computer a lot. I never use a keyboard cover, seems like it would keep the heat in.

4. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

I like the Colcasac sleeves. Not everyone's choice, but made of hemp, with a soft lining and velcro closure. Fits MacBooks snugly and won't scratch.

http://www.colcasac.com

5. cammykool thread starter macrumors regular

I'm mainly looking for a hard shell case bags don't suit me well

6. cammykool thread starter macrumors regular

I looked this case up it looks nice but what separates this from the 25$ on Amazon?

7. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

8. alphadog808 macrumors member

those hard cases dont last. trust me.
    get a good sleeve.