Just bought a used 3gs already upgraded to ios4...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cymruambyth, Jul 28, 2010.

1. cymruambyth macrumors newbie

Will I be able to jailbreak it? I see that there may be problems with phones that have already been officially updated? If not is there likely to be a jailbreak for this senario in the future?

Sorry for all the noob q's but i'm a little confused by all the jargon, this being my first iphone

Thanks!

2. cymruambyth thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys, terribly sorry, just as I thought I had read everything and found no answers I stumbled across a thread that provides them. Thanks.

3. cymruambyth thread starter macrumors newbie

Still confussed as to whether or not there will be a jailbreak for this senario in the future? Will it be the same JB that the Iphone 4 will use?

Cheers

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

A JB and UL will be available in the future, no timeframe on release has been provided as of yet by the Dev Team.

5. cymruambyth thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers mate. My phone has already been "officialy" permanently unlocked by the carrier (o2).

So will the JB solution come at the same time as the Iphone 4 JB? Is it the same thing?

Cheers.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

nobody knows if jb/il will be released at the same time most likely. you must jailbreak to unlock and since many areas factory unlock Jailbreaking is more desired.

there is a stickies up at the top that explain it all or search What is Jailbreaking iphone What is Unlocking iphone you get a ton of info ;)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The new jb is supposed to jb all devices on 4.0 and 4.0.1
    Just sit back and wait.