Just bought a used 3gs already upgraded to ios4...

cymruambyth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Will I be able to jailbreak it? I see that there may be problems with phones that have already been officially updated? If not is there likely to be a jailbreak for this senario in the future?

Sorry for all the noob q's but i'm a little confused by all the jargon, this being my first iphone

Thanks!

cymruambyth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Hi guys, terribly sorry, just as I thought I had read everything and found no answers I stumbled across a thread that provides them. Thanks.

cymruambyth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Still confussed as to whether or not there will be a jailbreak for this senario in the future? Will it be the same JB that the Iphone 4 will use?

Cheers

cymruambyth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
A JB and UL will be available in the future, no timeframe on release has been provided as of yet by the Dev Team.
Cheers mate. My phone has already been "officialy" permanently unlocked by the carrier (o2).

So will the JB solution come at the same time as the Iphone 4 JB? Is it the same thing?

Cheers.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Cheers mate. My phone has already been "officialy" permanently unlocked by the carrier (o2).

So will the JB solution come at the same time as the Iphone 4 JB? Is it the same thing?

Cheers.
nobody knows if jb/il will be released at the same time most likely. you must jailbreak to unlock and since many areas factory unlock Jailbreaking is more desired.

there is a stickies up at the top that explain it all or search What is Jailbreaking iphone What is Unlocking iphone you get a ton of info ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.