Just bought ACD Student Membership Now What?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Greenhoe, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

I just bought a ACD Student Membership, do they send me something in the mail or via email? Also do I have to fax in my student information or send it to apple via email? What student info will I need to send them. Thanks

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

From what I understand, you will need to fax (not email) them your student ID and a copy of your current schedule. Do they not give you some idea on the application? They should email you information, possibly in additional to regular mail.
    Once you get this fully worked out, I'd like to hear the exact process, as I will be doing the same if they ever make a mobile version of Nehalem.

What are you developing?

3. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

I'm thinking of signing up but I wasn't sure what would be necessary of me. I have heard that they contact you and then ask you to fax them a copy of your timetable but I'm not sure.

I would also like to know about the hardware discount so when you get any info can you put it up here? Particularly if I have to use the discount before my time as a student ends or whether it is good for a year afterwards? Also can you confirm if it is 20%? I've heard this but confirmation would be good. It would make one hell of a difference to the cost of the Mac Pro I want! Lol.

Thanks CM

4. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

Well so far I haven't heard any thing from them, the order has been process and it says will ship within 24 hours so I guess they will be sending me the information via mail.

Just wondering if anyone went through the process before could let me know what I will need to do. If no one posts up the process i'll post it after I've got all the info and complete the process.

5. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

heres a link to the apple developer connection store so that you can see how much you would be saving. http://store.apple.com/us_adc_38839?mco=MTE2MjI

P.S. somedays it won't let you in and somedays it will so if it doesn't let you in at first try refreshing or coming back the next day.

6. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

Cool thanks guys.

That's be really appreciated Greenhoe and thanks for the link bumzo1!

People on here are so great!

7. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Also, from what I've heard, the ADC comes with a current copy of Mac OS X and a lovely T-shirt. Not sure about the student version, I guess we'll see.

8. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

Well so far all that has happened is that I received an activation code which I had to activate on my account in the ADC membership site and when I did that it said something about faxing in some school info although didn't give any info on what I needed to fax in or where to fax it into.

So now i've put in the activation code and my ADC is pending.

9. Colin20 macrumors regular

Student ADC

I have a question about Student ADC conditions. I'm a Uni Student and I will have no problem proving that but I am only taking business courses this semester. Will that be a problem since I'm not actually taking any programming courses? Or does that not matter.

Apple website:
    Says nothing about course selection just proof of enrollment from what I can see.

Oh and OP, you have to fax in a bit of info to Apple.
    Student ADC FAQ

10. repairsd2007 macrumors newbie

I also purchased ADC student on 3/6 and faxed current schedule/passport and hear nothing from apple now. My status is still pending.
    Anyone actually a ADC member? And how long after you faxed your id...etc until your status became active?
    Slow apple......:mad:

11. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going to be faxing my school ID and info in later this week, hopefully it doesn't take to long. And thanks for posting that FAQ info with the fax number.

12. Colin20 macrumors regular

I think it should take 5 business days to process.

13. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

So I just faxed in my student ID and schedule today and Apple already approved my Student Membership. So it actually only took them a couple hours from faxing it in for them to process it.

14. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton