Just bought Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jponce97, Jun 6, 2015.

1. jponce97 macrumors member

Hello everyone
    I just purchased my first iPad! The Air 2 64GB LTE model. It was 130 bucks off at T-Mobile so I got it at wifi price for the LTE model. Great deal I believe.
    I just wanted to ask any tips for first time iPad owners? How about apps that you all use in day to day operations? Apps that you all would deem necessary? Thanks in advance!

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Nice! Do you get the free 200MB per month?

I don't have an iPad, but I've used them before. Your bank might have an app that is compatible with Touch ID. It makes it really easy and convenient to log-in. Other than that, social media apps come to mind. I can't think of other must-have apps, the iPad already comes with pretty good ones!

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I use nPlayer and File Explorer a lot on mine to stream movies, photos from my computer.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I bought the same model, but from Verizon, and I love it. My day-to-day apps include Feedly ( news aggregator), Day One (journal), Documents by Readdle (file handling), Kindle (book reader), pwSafe (password manager), and Tapatalk (all of your forums in one place with notifications).

5. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I have a 16GB Verizon model in Gold and I love mine. Went with 16GB because I only play games on my PS4 and if I don't use an app I delete it and I don't take pictures or video. Very barebones kind of guy. If I don't use it it's not on my phone/tablet/computer. Spotify is essential! Love it. Don't store any music on my devices any more.

6. jponce97 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I get the free 200MB per month
    And thanks for the suggestions I'll download them as soon as it comes in. I just now have to wait for it to be delivered to my house ): lol

7. jponce97 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, I'll be checking those out as soon as I get the iPad. Thanks for the suggestions

8. jponce97 thread starter macrumors member

I've got a few of those on my iPhone I'll be glad to get them for the tablet thanks for the recommendations!

9. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

That's really cool!

No problem! Download as many apps that are compatible with Touch ID as possible, you'll never want to go back to typing usernames and passwords :p

10. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Enjoy your iPad Air 2. I've bought one recently off eBay UK (128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular) after using an iPad rMini 2 for 17 months to make the most of the A8X Chip and 2GB of RAM.

I definitely agree that apps using TouchID are a must.

11. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Pinch an app with all five fingers to close it, like this.

[​IMG]
    Also if you want to get a quick glimpse of the time in an app that doesn't show the time, then do this but don't let go of the pinch. About halfway the status bar shows at the top. Once you've read it just "un-pinch" the app back to full screen.

12. jponce97 thread starter macrumors member

That's prooobably my most favorite multitask gesture I tired it at the  Store I love it!
    Thanks for the tip of the time too!

13. jponce97 thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone know what type of screen cover to get? I used to swear by ZAGG but they've tanked in QA, IMO.
    Do any of you have any screen cover brands you personally like?
    TIA

14. CellXor10 macrumors regular

I just got my very first iPad myself as a birthday present last Tuesday- iPad Air 2 as well! I've used plenty of iPad's before owning one, but I am loving the thing. The graphics/resolution on the Air 2 are flippin' crazy if you ask me... Thanks to the new Google Photos service/app, I have recently uploaded a couple thousand photos off of external hard drives. I then decided to pull some old photos up on my iPad a day or two ago and was blown away by how nice pictures looked from a trip to Europe in 2009 - taken on my very first iPhone (3G) I owned.

15. max2 macrumors 68000

I just got one too and wondering if I can transfer videos over to my iPad Air 2 without jailbreaking it with iExplorer?

If I can will they be playable with my media player app of choice ?

16. malih macrumors member

malih

You can use VLC for that, I remember I was able to transfer files using iTunes

17. max2 macrumors 68000

Thanks.

18. Heisenberg888 macrumors member

Heisenberg888

Plug in headphones; either wired or via Bluetooth, when holding the iPad Air 2 and watching any videos with sound or listening to music. This iPad vibrates like hell and you can feel it even at low volume levels.

19. Synfulz macrumors member

Synfulz

Nice OP! You got a great deal, I got a similar deal from BBY at one of their 'one hour specials'.

20. sparksd macrumors 6502a

I always use headphones or earbuds with my Air 2 and large array of Android devices. The built-in speakers on these are never really any good for anything other than catching short audio snippets.