Just bought an Apple IIGS and love it.

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by phonophan79, Feb 28, 2009.

1. phonophan79 macrumors newbie

Greetings -

This is my first post because aside from my iPod, I'm not really a mac user... but I do love mac. :cool:

I'm 29 and remember using these computers all the time in elementary school and middle school. So, they've always had a warm place in my heart. :)

Everything works well, and it's slowly coming back to me... the start-up disk works well. I actually did a good portion of the "Tour of your IIGS" 3.14 disk. ;) It's interesting to see now how the focus of that disk then is towards people who had never seen a mouse or computer keyboard in their life.

Those disks work by just poppin' em in and turning the computer on. ...other disks work within those operating systems. ...but some disks, mostly games on 3.14 floppy won't load upon startup or within the system startup disk. Am I missing some command or inbetween step to executing these programs?

Anyone have a handy list of all those neat-o open apple commands for this? Specifically the "reset computer" keyboard shortcut?

Thanks for your time. Any advice is welcome!

Attached Files:

2. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

Off the top of my head:
    Ctrl-OA-Escape: get to the control panel
    Ctrl-OA-Reset: reboot
    OA-Option during power on: self-test
    I don't think there are too many more. Have you seen "What is the Apple IIGS?" website? http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za

3. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

4. seamus26 macrumors newbie

seamus26

Iigs

What a beautiful machine! I still have mine in a box in the closet. I even installed the big 1MB memory upgrade. It must be thirty chips! Someday I'll get her back out and running ... someday ...